Hopefully this will recharge me because as soon as we get back we're moving out of the flat and into the new house - the very next day we fly back. Not looking forward to the 11 hour jetlag from a 24 hour flight but at least I've sourced a cheap removal bloke by a chance meeting through ebay.
Our landlord, Stav took the move out news rather well, in fact he should be nominated for the nicest landlord award 2007. We invited him out for a pub drink and agonized over how to break it to him with half an hour of cheery, subject-avoiding chit-chat.
At least last weekend was an extended bank holiday one starting off with Trev's bbq party. Nice to see some different people including some German guy who worked on colour effects of movies. His latest work is on the new Batman film (check out the new bike above). Party was fairly good only ruined by the Final Scratch for my DJ set. One channel decided to stutter then give up totally after six tracks. Even Kev had the same problem on a newer version so both of us were left to use old vinyl or Kev's Virtual DJ.
Not much to report for the rest of the weekend apart from discovering the Lego shop for some childhood nostalgia and a posh ready-made meal shop for rich, lazy London commuters.
Before I finish, I want to share with you what we've got planned for the NZ holiday, trips-wise, not places:-
- Waitomo Caves
- Lost World including abseiling
- White Island - volcanic island
- Tandem Sky Dive over Lake Taupo
- Doubtful Sound - beautiful lake, valley, mountain view
- Milford Sound - as above
- Jet boating
- Bungy - let's see if my pants will accept that one
- Geyserland - not geezerland
- Edoras Tour - Lord of the Rings locations
- Snowmobile - personal favourite on top of a mountain range
- Snowboarding - if we get time!